Joanne Heaviland Photography Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Sleepy Little Fishing Village in Mexico







Zihuatanejo, Mexico - what a lovely place. Last week I was in a beautiful little town in Mexico celebrating my mom's 70th birthday..This little town is refreshingly quiet, friendly and similar to what old mexico used to be like.. The people are friendly, the town clean and the water is so beautiful and warm! Just what we needed. A place to rejuvenate and relax..because there's not much else to do. Just what the doctor ordered.

While there my mom and I visited a school for children that come from very poor families. The school is called Casa Para Ninos Del Pacifico (Zihuatenejo). These children we learning English when we arrived. It was fun to hear them practicing their English on us. We brought them school supplies and some candy too. The Director, Marlen Teresa Domigues is doing wonderful things for these children in this area. I highly recommend you come an visit if you are in the area.

Here are some photos from our visit. I am also posted some of my favorites photos of our trip.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Ok I admit... I am new at this blogging thing... looks like I can't post my photos without changing my photo above.. so if you'd like to see my newest photos of Zihuatanejo just go to my facebook page at Joanne Heaviland Photography and press like. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your photos on FB are public and not private, you can link the URL and embed the photos that way. This way, it will show the image and also link your FB page so people can access it easier. =)

    Hope that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photographs are beautiful Joanne! I looked at your website and your blog, so much of the world to capture :) A picture truly is worth a thousand words. Nice to meet you through the interweb and looking forward to seeing more of your adventures! Blessings - Michelle from 70DegreesWest

    ReplyDelete